Sunday, October 31, 2010

Training Starts Today!

Happy Halloween!  I started my training for the Boston Marathon today!  The next six weeks or so are the "build up" period, which is putting in mostly long runs and hill workouts to develop strength and endurance.  After coming back from the Chicago Marathon and vacationing in Germany, I ran seven times totaling 33.44 miles, mostly easy runs.  Today, I started out with a bang!  Since it's Halloween, my wife said that I needed to hurry with my run so I can help give out candy and hand-made necklaces she made. So I decided to do a 5-mile progression run, which means running each mile faster than the previous mile.  Just as I was about to go out the door, the doorbell rang with trick or treaters and it was only about 2:30pm!  After giving them candy, my wife took over and off I went.  Ran Miles in 32:23 (6:28). Splits = 6:43, 6:37, 6:30, 6:20, 6:10.
I felt real good as I progressed through each mile.  The weather was beautiful, but very windy.  When I got home, there were more kids at the door getting treats and leaving with big smiles!

Weather - 53 degrees, wind WNW at 20mph.
Shoes - Nike Air Zoom Skylon
Weight - 148 (after run)
Recovery food - small glass of chocolate milk and a banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment