Sunday, July 10, 2011

Injury!

Ugh! First injury in years! I was hoping that it was just a sore right calf, but it persisted and I couldn't push off on it. I used Icy Hot (CVS brand) and Tiger Balm daily as well as wearing my compression calf sleeves at night. My wife even massaged it. It still was bothersome at the end of the week!

7/03 - John A. Phillips Park (JAPP) - Easy Run. Ran 7.18 miles in 51:31 (7:10 pace).
Weather:
Weight After Run = 140.
Shoes: Nike LunarGlide+2 (orange).

7/05 - JAPP - Easy Run. Ran 7 miles in 49:02 (7:00 pace). Just after the sixth mile, my right calf began to feel sore. I kept pushing through thinking nothing of it. Then towards the end of the run, it became bothersome. I stretched it out after my run and the soreness went away that night.
Weather:
Weight After Run = 140.
Shoes: Saucony Kinvara (red).

7/06 - JAPP - Easy, Frustrating Run! Could only run 3 miles in 21:49 (7:16 pace)! Right calf felt okay in the beginning, but felt the initial pain at 1.5 miles. I continued to see how far I can go, but couldn't go past 3 miles! Right calf was so sore I couldn't push off properly.

RICE - Rested, iced, compressed and elevated leg for the next few days. Applied Icy Hot and Tiger Balm and my wife massaged it. It felt better as each day went by.

7/10 - JAPP - Easy, Frustrating Run...Again! Same thing that happened on 7/06 happened again today! Ran 3 miles in 21:41 (7:13).

Again...RICE - Rested, iced, compressed and elevated leg for the next few days. Applied Icy Hot and Tiger Balm and my wife massaged it. It felt better as each day went by.

TOTAL MILEAGE = 13

No comments:

Post a Comment