Sunday, July 24, 2011

More Rehab!

I decided to resume running after 3 days of rest and massages, but this time to run on the treadmill. I recalled that I did a lot of running on the treadmill in preparation for last April's Boston Marathon. If I couldn't run past 2 - 3 miles, then I would use the elliptical to maintain my cardio fitness. It seemed to work as I logged over 21 miles on the treadmill with virtually no pain!

7/18 - Marlboro Retro Fitness (MRF). Ran 3.1 miles in 25:23 (8:10 pace). No pain, but decided not to go further. Completed 2.5 miles on the elliptical in 20:00.
Weather: Indoors.
Weight After Run = 142.
Shoes: Nike LunarGlide+2 (orange).

7/19 - MRF. Ran 5 miles in 39:11 (7:50). Felt much better with no pain. Decided not to do the elliptical.
Weather: Indoors.
Weight After Run = 142.
Shoes: Nike LunarGlide+2 (orange).

7/20 - MRF. 1-Hour Run. Started real slow at 10:00 pace slowly increasing the speed as I felt real good. I had no pain throughout the run and decided to push it. I was feeling great until 7.85 miles when I was at about a 6:05 pace. My right calf developed a sharp pain and I significantly reduced the speed back down to 10:00 pace! Ugh! I stretched it out and massage Tiger Balm that night and later wore the compression sleeves to sleep.
Weather: Indoors.
Weight After Run = 140.
Shoes: Nike LunarGlide+2 (orange).

7/22 - MRF. Massaged Icy Hot into my right calf before the run. Ran the first 4 miles in 32:00 (8:00). I was feeling great when I pushed the pace for the next 28:00 in which I covered 4.24 miles (6:36 pace) with no pain! My confidence is much higher, but still cautious. Massaged Icy Hot and later wore the compression sleeve to sleep.
Weather:
Weight After Run = 140.
Shoes: Saucony Kinvara (lime).
7/24 - John A. Phillips Park. Easy Run with Strong Finishing Final Mile. Ran 6.2 miles in 44:30 (7:10 pace). Last mile was in 6:33. No pain! I think I should be okay for the final RVRR Summer Series Cross Country Race on 7/24.
Weather:
Weight After Run = 141.
Shoes: Nike LunarGlide+2 (orange).

TOTAL MILEAGE = 30.54

No comments:

Post a Comment