Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Record Setting Performance!

On 7/26, the final RVRR Summer Series Cross Country Race was held. All I had to do was not get beaten by the other Master's Division (40 - 44) runner in contention for the Overall Master's Division winner by about 90 seconds. My right calf was feeling awesome, but was still cautious. I warmed up with a 1.75 run and felt no pain. I stretched and did a couple of strides and still no pain. The start was fast, but I decided not to jump up with the lead pack as I did in the past. I stayed steady for the first mile, which I was surprised to complete in 6:10. My calf was feeling fine and got into a rhythm. The only issue was my mouth was so dry! I completed the second mile in 6:19, but still managed to pass a few runners. I held on to complete the third mile in 6:21 holding off the runners I heard breathing down my back! I finished in 19:33 (6:17 pace). I came in 2nd in the Master's Division, but it was his first RVRR race. He beat me by 8 seconds! Mission accomplished! I won the Summer Series Master's Division in record-setting fashion! The RVRR has held the Summer Series at Buccleuch Park since 2007 and the previous record was 1:00:06. I lowered the record by 1:28 to 58:38! And I had no pain in my right calf!

Weather:
Weight After Run = 140.
Shoes: Saucony Kinvara (lime).

Now to concentrate on the Niagara Falls International Marathon!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win and breaking the record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bob! Sorry for the late response, but I haven't kept up with my blog. Injuries prevented me from running the Niagara Falls International Marathon today and I'm in recovery mode building up for the Walt Disney World Marathon in January.

    ReplyDelete