Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thank You!

I want to thank everyone for your support and well wishes during my first ever fundraising marathon!  You made my experience one to remember for a very long time!  The American Cancer Society’s DetermiNation Endurance Team for the Boston Marathon raised more than $44,000 and there were only 19 on the team!  ACS continues to work hard to find better cancer treatments, a world with less cancer and more birthdays.  Ultimately, we can find a cure in our lifetime!
Being a member of the DetermiNation Endurance Team gave my training and racing more meaning than just for personal goals.  The gels, water and Gatorade I took during training and the race fueled me physically, but what fueled me mentally was running each step in memory of those who lost the battle against cancer, for those who continue to fight it and for those who survived it.   I enjoyed my journey all the way to the finish line and beyond!  My wife supported and encouraged me day in and day out reminding me of my purpose and why I'm running the Boston Marathon.  We look forward to doing it again!

Always a Runner...

No comments:

Post a Comment