Monday, May 2, 2011

The Need for Speed!

I got hooked on the marathon distance in 2007 when I ran the New York City Marathon and qualified for my first Boston.  I figured that since I was older, I would be better running longer distances than running shorter, faster races.  However, when I ran the New York City Half Marathon in 1:23:56 and also found myself running the mile under six minutes after running six to nine miles, I thought maybe I can get back into the shorter, faster races.  I made the decision to test my mettle and run The Brunswick Cup and The RVRR Summer Series!  They both have a series of four 5K races.  The main differences between the two are that the Brunswick Cup is four road races stretched through November and The RVRR Summer Series is four cross country races two weeks apart starting June 14th and ending July 26th.  It should be interesting, exciting and fun!

Always a Runner...

No comments:

Post a Comment