Saturday, May 28, 2011

New Blog Name

I decided to change the title of my blog from RunCureSave26point2 to Endless Miles.  I initially started this blog when I joined the American Cancer Society's DetermiNation Team focusing on raising money to fight cancer and create more birthdays.  It was the first time I raised money for charity and I had an awesome time raising money and making new friends!  My wife convinced me to create my initial blog to share my training experience and to provide fundraising updates.  I didn't think that I would be able to keep up with a blog and a separate detailed training log that I regularly keep on Garmin Connect, but I did!  So now I decided to continue my training blog with a different, more appropriate name to describe my passion for running.

I've been running since October 1979 when I joined my junior high school cross country team.  My first road race was the following month, which was the 3.7 Mile Turkey Trot.  I can say that I ran races in every decade since then!  That's five decades!  I may be older, but I feel like I'm getting stronger and faster.  I have the following goals:

Sub-3:00 Marathon
Sub-1:20 Half Marathon
Sub-39:30 10k
Sub-31:00 5-Miles
Sub-19:00 5k

I have a lot of work ahead of me!

Always a Runner...

No comments:

Post a Comment