Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day 5k

From Top Left Counterclockwise: Dennis and me before the start,
me finishing 7th with time of 19:17, running with Dennis
just before the finish line, Dennis with his beautiful and supportive family, with my beautiful and supportive wife, Dennis and me after his awesome finish, Dennis celebrating completing his very first race with a time of 32:18!
This may sound crazy, but yesterday's Memorial Day 5k hurt more than when I ran Boston last month!  I was huffin' and puffin' towards the end and had nothing left to speed up through the finish line.  I guess part of it was not knowing the course because I didn't notice the finish line 'til about 150m around the last bend.  That's just a small part though!  I did the complete opposite in this race than I do with my progressions runs!  My pace per mile got progressively slower.  I tried to settle down at the beginning by staying with the eventual 6th place finisher, but since we kept the same pace for most of the race, we had about the same splits per mile.  I finished 7th overall, first in the Masters Division (40-49).  I have my work cut out for me since I committed myself to running the RVRR X-C Summer Series and want to run sub-19:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment