Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 21 - Week of March 21

Recovery Week.  I really pushed myself during the NYC Half Marathon.  My calves were sore for a few days, but even worse, my lateral plantar fascia of my left foot was very sore.  I was a little painful to walk on so I decided to take four days off from running.  I applied a Salonpas patch each night on it to relieve the pain.  I ran for the first time on March 25th.

March 25th - John A. Phillips Park.  Ran an easy 10k.  I hurt all over and felt like crap!  My calves and hips were sore and I was beginning to think that maybe the NYC Half was too close a tune-up race to Boston.  My lateral plantar fascia hurt during the first couple of miles, but decided to push through.  The pain eventually subsided.  I just kept telling myself that I'll get through this, but negative thoughts still crept in my head!
Total Miles = 6.20 in 45:52 (7:23 p/mi).
Weather - 29/21/44%; WNW9; Sunny.
Weight After Run = 142.
Shoes - Nike LunarGlide+2 (orange)

March 27th - John A. Phillips Park:  Felt much, much better!  Ran 1st 5 miles at about a 7:09 pace, then ran a 5-mile progression run with the last mile of 6:05. General soreness is virtually gone and my lateral plantar fascia pain is gone!  My confidence is up and feel I'm back to do some great training before Boston!
Total Miles = 10 in 1:09:05 (6:54 p/mi).
Weather - 43/36/28%, WNW14, Sunny.
Weight After Run = 142.
Shoes - Saucony Kinvara.


TOTAL MILES WEEK 21 = 16.20

No comments:

Post a Comment