Monday, February 14, 2011

New Running Shoes!

Top: Saucony Kinvara
Bottom: Adidas Marathon 10 and Nike LunarElite+2
I did quite a bit of research on the Saucony Kinvara and Nike LunarElite+2.  My wife and I went to the new Foot Locker running store simply called, "Run by Foot Locker".  My mind was set on the LunarElite+2 because it's the next generation shoe from the Zoom Elite+4 that I loved so much.  The LunarElite+2 felt great, but just for good measure I wanted to try the Kinvara one more time.  I tried them on at Road Runner's Sports, but at that time, it felt really flat as it's a "minimalist" shoe.  I settled for the Nike LunarGlide+2.  Trying the Kinvara this time around gave me a totally different feel.  They felt great, even better than the LunarElite+2! Then I saw the Marathon 10 and decided to try them on and they felt great as well!  Now I was so confused!  What was supposed to be a cut-and-dry purchase ended up being a lengthy process of trying them on several times and running on the treadmill!  In the end, I chose the Kinvara because they felt the best; very comfortable, provided more than enough cushioning for a minimalist shoe and also had the "cool" factor.  They happen to be the lightest at 7.9 ounces.  The Marathon 10 came in a close 2nd (weighs 10.8 ounces) and believe it or not, the LunarElite+2 came in 3rd (weighs 8.2 ounces)!  I'm very happy with my decision with the Kinvara and will use them to run the New York City Half Marathon on March 20th!  I might wear them during the Boston Marathon!

This was an awesome gift from my wife for Valentine's Day!
All choices were in RED!

Always a Runner...

1 comment:

  1. I think you can definitely break 3:10. I have a strong gut feeling about it and you've been doing so good with your training. You are very determined in accomplishing your goal, most especially, running to help fight Cancer, and bring more birthdays! So yes, I'm very excited about your blog about how you did with Boston this coming April! So good luck! (:

    ReplyDelete